Impact Journey with Julia S
Creating a wave of change - Virginia Yanquilevich, CEO Dopper
How do you tackle a massive challenge like plastic pollution? Dopper CEO Virginia Yanquilevich talks about all the ways that Dopper is creating a “wave” to change people’s behavior.
THE IMPACT. Virginia:
- Is CEO of Dopper, the Dutch B Corp the mission to reduce plastic pollution in our oceans and bring clean drinking water where it's needed. Their initiatives include Dopper Wave, a pledge against single-use plastic, and working on access to clean water in Nepal.
- Was CMO at Fresh & Rebel and Sitecom
- Started her career as a journalist and editor at Caras magazine in Argentina
- Has a degree in Communication Science from Universidad de Ciencias Empresariales y Sociales
- Speaks Dutch, Spanish, along with English
THE JOURNEY. In our conversation, we explore:
- Growing up in Argentina: bringing supplies to at-need regions and telling the stories
- Combining passion and career: coming back to a childhood interest after 17 years in marketing
- The multi-part mission of Dopper: reducing plastic and providing access to clean drinking water
- How all Dopper efforts are interlinked: from Cradle2Cradle certification to “best place to work”
- The challenge of behavior change and what we’ve learned from solidarity in the coronavirus crisis
- Positioning a big challenge: communicating both what you’re “for” and what you’re “against”