Impact Journey with Julia S
Finding champions by being yourself - Simon Leiva, UN FAO GACSA
How do you find champions from the local city council to the UN? Simon Leiva of the FAO Global Alliance for Climate Smart Agriculture shares his unlikely journey.
THE IMPACT. Simon:
- Is Coordinator of the Global Alliance for Climate Smart Agriculture at the UN Food and Agriculture Organization in Rome, a multi-stakeholder platform to improve food security, nutrition and resilience in the face of climate change.
- Worked in Australia for local and federal government on sustainability in water and natural resources.
- Has a Masters in Environmental Science at the University of Sydney, and a Bachelors degree in Mathematics and Statistics from the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile.
THE JOURNEY. In our conversation, we explore:
- How he got from Chile to Australia to Italy
- Working in the private sector to the federal government to the local council to now for an inter-governmental agency
- Being yourself in a serious organization to create trust and find champions