Impact Journey with Julia S
Wellbeing inspires welldoing - Aaron Pereira & Sandrine Woitrin, Wellbeing Project
In this time of upheaval, social change makers are at risk of overwhelm and burnout. At the Wellbeing Project, Aaron and Sandrine study how we take care of ourselves so that we can take care of others.
THE IMPACT. Sandrine and Aaron are co-leads of the Wellbeing Project, a global initiative co-created with Ashoka, Esalen, Impact Hub, Porticus, the Skoll Foundation and Synergos, catalysing a culture of inner wellbeing for all changemakers.
- Aaron Pereira is an Ashoka Fellow, a Skoll Scholar, and a WEF Young Global Leader. He has been involved in social change for over 20 years spanning work from engaging people in their communities, to social finance, to urban development. He loves living between France and India.
- Sandrine Woitrin worked for over ten years in the retail and restaurant business. She was part of the opening team of Starbucks in Spain and France, then helped create the CSR department of Grupo Vips and Starbucks Spain and France. She studied Naturopathy and is passionate about alternative therapies.
THE JOURNEY. In our conversation, we explore:
- Backgrounds in volunteering and community orientation leading to social entrepreneurship
- Aaron’s personal story of burnout, and the connection between inner and outer work
- Creating a culture of wellbeing - individually and collectively
- One outcome is awareness - choosing what wave to catch instead of taking every wave
A big thanks to Aaron and Sandrine. You can follow The Wellbeing Project on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn.