Impact Journey with Julia S
What do you truly believe? - Ryan Gellert, Patagonia
Ryan Gellert, GM EMEA at Patagonia, challenges all of us on what we truly believe and what we’re doing to stand behind it.
THE IMPACT. Ryan Gellert:
- Is General Manager EMEA at Patagonia, overseeing sales, marketing, sustainability and operations through the region
- Previously spent 15 years at Black Diamond Equipment, in roles including Brand President, VP of Supply Chain Management and Managing Director of Black Diamond Asia
- Holds a J.D. from the University of Utah; an M.B.A. from Florida Institute of Technology; and a B.S.B.A. in Finance from the University of North Carolina Charlotte
THE JOURNEY. In our conversation, we explore:
- Ryan’s early influences of sports and social justice
- Adapting global issues to local markets in Europe
- The story of Patagonia from reducing impact to becoming an activist company
- The challenge for other companies wanting to follow Patagonia’s lead: figure out what you believe, and what you’re willing to do
- Practical ways Patagonia engages and empowers employees to be part of the change
You can follow Patagonia’s work of Patagonia online, Action Works, Worn Wear, and 1% for the Planet.